Monday, October 15, 2007

And so it begins.........

"What should I write?"
"What's the point of doing a blog when there are millions out there? I'll just be another drop in the endless sea, to be lost with all the others."
"Don't people put themselves on the web just so they can hear (see) themselves talk or perhaps to try and make others listen? Hey, look at me!"

I asked myself those questions and many others, urging my brain to find a starting point on my new journey. The thought that popped in my noggin most was this..... The deepest part of me is shy and it took years to prod myself into being braver and more comfortably social. Sure, I've become much better at speaking up when needed or talking about nothing during those awkward social gatherings that scream for noise to fill the silence. Regardless, I'm still that shy girl who has to talk herself into going to the gatherings where I won't know everyone. And banish the thought that I would show up late. That would mean walking into a room of unknowns! What this all boils down to is that I have a brain full of thoughts but that doesn't mean that everyone needs to know about them. Just because we have the technology to be connected 24/7 doesn't mean that we should be.

My ongoing goal with this new project is to find a balance between being connected and still keeping a part of my being just for myself. The place I work at now has encouraged us to explore a whole list of new technologies including the almighty blog. So, let the adventure begin!

2 comments:

tishella said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim Doyle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.